The importance of a medical specialist center
Due to the wide range of health-related issues that people have to face, every aspect of human health warrants a specialist for that particular health or medicine paradigm. Though it is difficult to have different types of Medical Specialists under one roof, but a good Medical Specialist Center must have as many specialists as possible at their disposal.
A list of different medical specialist that a Great Medical Specialist Center Dubai must have are as follows:
- Allergist/Immunologist: Conducts an in-depth Diagnosis of allergic conditions and their subsequent treatment.
- Anesthesiologist: Administers General, Regional or Local anesthesia based on the patient requirements or the procedure being conducted.
- Cardiologist: A cardiologist deals with the ailments of the cardiovascular system and performs Diagnosis and treatments for said ailments.
- Dermatologist: Dermatologists treat skin related ailments. There are over 3,000 skin related ailments and conditions that a Dermatologist has to deal with.
- Gastroenterologist: A Gastroenterologist deals with ailments and diseases of the gastrointestinal (GI) tract.
- Internist: An Internal Medicine Physician (Internist) is a doctor specializing in internal Medicine, and aims at using medicine to prevent and diagnose diseases in human adults.
- Nephrologist: Nephrologist undertakes the study of kidneys and the diagnosis and treatments that can affect them.
- Neurologist: A Neurologist treats the ailments and disorders of the nervous system including the brain, the spinal cord and nerves.
- Neurosurgeon: A neurosurgeon undertakes the surgical component of the ailments relating to the nervous system.
- Gynecologist: A Gynecologist is a specialist dealing with the reproductive health of women.
- Ophthalmologist: An Ophthalmologist is basically your eye doctor and treats and diagnosis the injuries and diseases of the eye.
- Orthopedic Surgeon: An Orthopedic Surgeon is essentially a physician that tackles injuries, disorders and diseases related to the human musculoskeletal system.
- Pathologist: A Pathologist is a doctor that studies body fluids for changes that indicate any disease or condition, thereby assisting other doctors to make their Judgment about a patient’s condition.
- Pediatrician: A Pediatrician tackles the Physical and Mental Health of infants and small children.
- Plastic Surgeon: A Plastic Surgeon undertakes procedures on patient’s body, to change their appearance, whether for medically necessary or for beautification purposes.
- Psychiatrist: A Psychiatrist deals with Mental Health Issues of Patients, and also emotional and behavioral issues.
- Urologist: A Urologist Deals with issues related to the human urinary tract including the Kidneys, the urinary Bladder, the adrenal glands etc.
But apart from having specialist medical doctors onboard, a great Medical Specialist Center Dubai needs to perform on other fronts as well, such as:
- High Performance Standards: There should be high performance standards set as the bare minimum, as the profession of doctors is an extremely volatile profession and a slight slip up can cost a life. It also translates into underperformers being severely dealt with.
- Effective Leadership: The leadership of the hospital needs to be focused. Highly qualified people manning the right roles are required to have a Specialist Medical Center run efficiently.